241 Oakland Avenue
Rock Hill SC 29730
Cathy heads up the firm’s commercial real estate practice, representing buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants of commercial property throughout South Carolina as well as lenders in commercial real estate secured loan transactions.
She has experience in negotiating and closing a variety of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, development, exchange, leasing and financing transactions. Cathy is also the President of the firm’s title insurance agency, Old Town Title Company, LLC and is a title insurance agent for Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company.
A Fort Mill native and college football and baseball fanatic (devoted to her South Carolina Gamecocks), Cathy began her practice with the Charlotte-based law firm of Kennedy Covington Lobdell & Hickman, LLP in their South Carolina office where she advised and represented real estate clients in all phases of commercial real estate development and finance. She and her husband, Ben, have two sons – Will (11) and Luke (3).
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- York County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Represented a national retailer in acquisition and development of a site for a 1,000,000+ square foot distribution facility
- Represented regional developers in the acquisition, financing and leasing of multiple commercial sites throughout South Carolina for two national restaurant chains
- Represented the United States subsidiary of an international manufacturer in the relocation of their North American operations office to South Carolina
- Represented national manufacturer in the addition of a manufacturing location in South Carolina
- Represented regional and national home builders in lot takedowns and acquisition of property and development of residential subdivision
- Represented regional developer in the acquisition, financing, rehabilitation and leasing of downtown office building
- Rock Hill Economic Development Corporation, Board of Directors
- Fort Mill Area Council of York County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- University of South Carolina Board of Visitors, Member representing Sixteenth Judicial Circuit
- Commercial Real Estate
- University of South Carolina School of Law J.D., 2000
- University of South Carolina B.A., Political Science, cum laude, 1997
- South Carolina