241 Oakland Avenue
Rock Hill SC 29730
Herb is of counsel with the Firm and has a wide range of experience litigating commercial and construction law disputes, as well as business torts and financial services cases. He represents individuals and businesses and construction contractors and owners in all aspects of contract negotiation and dispute resolution, including state and federal jury trials, class actions, mediations and arbitrations. He is a certified mediator and arbitrator.
Herb has practiced law in South Carolina since 1975, starting his practice with the Columbia, firm of Whaley, McCutchen Blanton and Rhodes. In 1993 he joined Kennedy Covington Lobdell & Hickman, LLP, where he practiced for 11 years before leaving to become one of the founders of the Firm.
Herb has held leadership positions in a number of civic, charitable and Bar related organizations.
- Best Lawyers in America®† in Construction Law
- South Carolina Super Lawyers®.††
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce, Board member
- York County Regional Chamber of Commerce, Board member
- Haven Homeless Men’s Shelter, Board of Directors
- Construction Litigation
- Trial and Appellate Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D. 1975
- Vanderbilt University, B.S., Civil Engineering, 1969
- South Carolina
- United States District Court For the District of South Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court