241 Oakland Avenue
Rock Hill SC 29730
An experienced trial attorney and appellate advocate, Keith has successfully represented businesses and individuals before state and federal courts, in arbitrations, mediations and on appeal. Keith has extensive jury trial experience, and has also presented numerous appellate arguments before the South Carolina Supreme Court and Court of Appeals. His practice focuses on construction disputes, as well as financial, business and consumer-related matters. His clients include a number of regional banks and financial institutions, contractors and corporations. He is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts inSouth Carolina, and before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Keith is a graduate of Tulane University (B.S. 1988) and the University of South Carolina (J.D. 1995). From 1988-1992, he served as a Surface Warfare Officer in the United States Navy. He is a combat veteran of the First Persian Gulf War, and a two-time recipient of the Navy Achievement Medal. During law school, Keith was Articles Editor of the South Carolina Law Review and a student member of the John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court. From 1995-2004, Keith was an associate and partner in a large regional law firm, headquartered in Charlotte,North Carolina.
In 2012, Chief Justice Toal appointed Keith to the South Carolina Bar Lawyers’ Fund for Client Protection. From 2003-2011, Keith served as a gubernatorial appointee to the York County Board of Disabilities and Special Needs. He was elected chairman of that board during the final three years of his term. He is a member of the South Carolina Bar, and of its Construction and Consumer Law Sections.
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- South Carolina Bar, Lawyers Fund for Client Protection
- Member Attorney Program, American Collectors Association
- York County Board of Disabilities and Special Needs, board member and president
- York County Public Defender Corporation, board member
- York County Teen Pregnancy Prevention Council, past board member and president
- Trial and Appellate Practice
- Banking and Financial Services Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Foreclosures and Workouts
- Insurance Litigation
- Construction Disputes
- Lender Liability
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D. 1995
- South Carolina Law Review, Articles Editor
- Tulane University, B.S., Biology, 1988
- South Carolina
- United States District Court For the District of South Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit