The lawyers at Hamilton Martens handle a wide variety of litigation and transactional matters. As small business owners ourselves, we approach matters with a business person’s point of view, and provide you with the legal representation you need to make good business decisions. Examples of recent matters include the following:
- Successfully represented a national retail chain in litigation involving defective site preparation and construction of detention ponds on industrial warehouse property, obtaining a favorable settlement in excess of $500,000.00.
- Defended international manufacturer of float glass and glass products in a jury trial, resulting in a defense verdict in a claim alleging race discrimination when plaintiff was terminated for violation of company policy prohibiting discriminatory language.
- Represented an entrepreneur in obtaining a complete dismissal of federal claims by former employer under the federal Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
- Successfully obtained dissolution of multiple mechanics liens filed by subcontractor against a national developer and regional general contractor in a new mixed-use development in Rock Hill.
- Successfully defended textile equipment manufacturer in claim filed by contractor alleging unguarded and unsafe design of machinery.
- Represented a national architectural firm in litigation against a North Carolina school district and consulting structural engineer. We were successful in arguing before the North Carolina Supreme Court that the architect was entitled to indemnification by virtue of a pass through indemnification clause relating to construction of multimillion dollar school project.
- In Dykeman v. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, 381 S.C. 333, 673 S.E.2d 804 (2009), we obtained summary judgment and dismissal of a class action lawsuit against national mortgage lender based upon alleged violations of South Carolina’s Mortgage Satisfaction Statute. Thereafter, we successfully defended that judgment on appeal to South Carolina Supreme Court.